Debunking the myths of shopper marketing measurement
While the number of brands carried by retailers has declined due to the economy, the number of line extensions, variants and packaging redesigns continues to increase the visual complexity of retail environments. How do shoppers make sense of this sea of stimuli and how can marketers influence shopper behaviour?
Observation techniques such as eye-tracking as measured by laser have been the long-standing measure of success in packaging testing and shopper research. But is this the most effective way to gain insights into why consumers buy one brand over another?
This white paper aims to debunk certain industry myths surrounding effective shopper marketing measurement such as:
- In-store research produces the best results
- Consumers shop from a functional perspective
- Customers shop the same way irrespective of the category
Hotspex, a leader in applying emotional science to marketing research and consumer insights, shares results from a study that puts online shopper observation to the test across five different CPG categories.
In this white paper you will learn:
- Shopability insights
- Key factors influencing consumer purchase behaviours
- Scalable online approaches for capturing effective shopper marketing measurements
Download White Paper